Saturday, July 18, 2015

Kids Garden and Playhouse

Today I'm very excited to share our latest project for the kiddos.  We finally finished putting up a little playhouse and garden for the kids in the backyard!


For awhile we had been thinking about adding something fun in the backyard for our kids to play with.  Our son is still too young to do much and our daughter is actually pretty happy just running around and looking for rocks but we wanted something for them to grow into.  After a lot of pinterest research, I decided I really liked the idea of a simple little play-space.


Our daughter loves digging in the dirt and "helping" mommy to plant flowers.  So we gave her her own little play garden.  [Note- I took these pictures after finishing up the garden when the kids were in bed.  It will never look this tidy again.]


The playhouse was a gift from Nana and Papa and my husband used some extra wood we had to build the garden frame.  I love that the playhouse has a cute little play kitchen built into it.


I added two little lavender plants that may or may not survive the kid activity.  I also added a little dump truck and some gardening tools.  And of course the rocks that my dear little girls loves to collect.


I'm really really happy with how this turned out.  It's probably going to result in some very muddy play sessions but I think they will be very joyful muddy play sessions.

2 comments: