Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Present for Nana

I wanted to share a fun little project that my daughter and I made recently as a birthday gift for my mom.

I photographed it on the piano.  Aren't I fancy?

I started by cutting out some hearts from contact paper and added them to a wooden canvas.  I also taped the sides to protect them.  Then I nervously let my daughter cover the piece with acrylic paint.  Sadly I didn't take a picture of the creative process.


I chose a narrow color palette so that if she ended up smearing everything together, it wouldn't turn into brown mush.  Once the paint was dry, I removed the contact paper and tape.

My daughter was thrilled to give it to nana and nana was thrilled to receive it.

5 comments:

  1. What a precious gift!! I love hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special gift for nana! I love hearts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun gift! I love that you and your daughter created it together :) I bet Nana LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet. =) the limited color palette was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete