Friday, June 19, 2015

Kid's Table Makeover

I am very excited to share this little project today.  We are currently working on creating a playroom/craft-room for our house and this is my first project for it.  A little table and chair set!


This is the before picture.  I found these at a thrift store for only $6.  They are from Ikea and you could buy the same set new for $20, but hey, I love a good deal. :)


I started by giving the table a light sanding and removing all of the stickers.  Then I painted the chairs and table top light blue.

Partway through I realized I should have used a primer because the marker was showing through so I slapped on a coat of primer and then added more blue.  Sometimes that's just how I roll.

To create the scalloped design, I cut up some pieces of painters tape.  Then I added dark blue paint.


Once that was done and the tape was removed, I needed to go back and clean it up a little bit with a small brush.  Finally, I sprayed it with a clear sealer.

I think my little girl is pretty happy with it.  So is giraffe.  And several other animals.  I'm looking forward to many tea parties in our near future.




18 comments:

  1. What a great project. I would not have had the patience to paint all those scallops---but the result is SO cute!! Your little one is SO adorable! Reminds me of my daughter at that age. She loved her stuffed animals--they all had names. She cut up her baby blanket one day so her animals could all have little blankies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is precious! My daughter is just starting to get really into pretend play. She always wants to take her "friends" with her.

      Delete
  2. Great upcycle! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to capture the feeling of the sky.

      Delete
  3. How cute! I see many tea parties in your future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope! I do love a good tea party. Particularly when Mickey Mouse is in attendance.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You really transformed the furniture. The little table and chairs with the scalloped pattern look so cute! And your daughter looks adorable sitting at it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure she would look adorable sitting anywhere. But thank you :)

      Delete
  5. Love that last picture! Great what you did with the set!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The last picture is my favorite as well.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Who wouldn't want to play in a room with such cheerful furniture?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Although right now her favorite part is to run around in circles in the big empty room. :)

      Delete
  7. These turned out adorable! I love the scalloped edge! Your little girl looks so cute sitting at her new table :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I'm the same way about seeing IKEA furniture at thrift stores. Even if it's only $10 less or something, less is less! Haha. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love a good deal. I also find it challenges me to get creative. If I had bought this table new, I may have just left it plain wood.

      Delete
  9. These are absolutely amazing! I don't have words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely adorable and your model is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete