Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Super Mario Terrarium

This past weekend, my husband and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary.  We had a date night complete with a movie and dinner at The Melting Pot.  We also gave gifts.  While I got some lovely roses and chocolates, my husband got this.


He's a long-time Mario fan and we are both big nerds.  I had been picturing making him this for awhile and even though it's not very romantic, this was the gift.



I found the glass bowl at the hardware store and filled it with rocks and dirt.  I then added a few succulents, using the most "Mario-looking" ones I could find.



The warp pipe is just a piece of pipe from the hardware store that I painted green.  And I found this Mario figure.  I could only find a small enough figure in a set, but now we just have extra toys.  Can't go wrong with more toys.


What do you guys think?  I also have an idea to make a Doctor Who themed one, possibly with a TARDIS.  But that one will be for myself...

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! I think that is a very meaningful gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary my friend!!! Very cure idea and so whimsical!!! Doctor Who next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Jenny :)
    What a fun gift. I bet your hubby just loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy Anniversary! How cute!!

    ReplyDelete