Monday, May 18, 2015

Initial Art

Pretty much since we moved into our house, I've wanted to put a big piece of statement art above our bed.  This weekend, it's finally finished.


I started with some wooden letters from Michaels.  I covered them with some textured scrapbook paper using Mod Podge.



Next I painted the letters with a medium shade of silver metallic paint.  Then I layered on some Mod Podge to add a bit of texture.  After that dried, I added some shading using lighter metallic paint on the top and darker metallic paint along the edges.



Finally, my husband hung them on the wall along with a large frame (also from Michaels).  I'm really happy with the final results.




9 comments:

  1. what a great idea - and looks wonderful over the bed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really happy with the results.

      Delete
  2. They look great! Did you make those cute pillows too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not make the pillows. My sewing skills are not quite up to the challenge quite yet. :) I got them from Ikea and Target.

      Delete
  3. Cute! I like how its in a frame but not framed - that's a very neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know I had seen something similar elsewhere but I had fun putting my own vision into it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenny.
    I love your initial art! Thanks for sharing the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea - simple yet effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the texturing on the letters and, as Edi said, the colorful pillows.

    ReplyDelete