Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Scripture Art- Two Ways

I've been working on redecorating my daughter's room and I wanted to make some scripture art.  I chose Psalm 4:8 because my little girl does not like to go to bed and I wanted her to know she was safe at night. 


To make this, I started by covering a wooden plaque with patterned scrapbook paper and accenting it with yellow paint.  Then, I cut out the letters from cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo.  I glued them on using Mod Podge.  Finally, I painted on accent flowers and attached a hanging ribbon.


After all this, I realized the leftover cardstock would work great to make another piece of art.  Why waste it?  I glued it onto a wooden canvas. 


I didn't want to worry about all the little inner pieces, so I filled in the letters with matching paint.  If you look closely, you can see I didn't do a great job gluing it on; there are wrinkles and I needed to use some paint to touch up a few letters that tore.  But from far away, it looks good.


So there you go, art in two ways. 


1 comment: